Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/08/12 05:10:05 UTC

[VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

Hi again,

Now that we have discussed the names for the few days we agreed to and
have all determined a name change is necessary, it's time to choose the
name.  Here's the ballot composed of recommendations received from
emails to this list:

[  ] Assos
[x] Felix
[  ] Felixo
[  ] Felix-osgi
[  ] Oscarfish
[  ] CAT
[  ] Hermeia
[  ] Your favorite inert gas: ________

Again this closes within 72 hrs.  I have already made my choice above.

Alex

Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Non-binding +1 for Felix - without TM issues of course.

Ralph

Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

Posted by Vasily Kuznetsov <vk...@naumen.ru>.
+1 for Felix

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>>
>>> I have already made my choice above.
>>

>> On this particular point, it would be good to not state your choice
>> in the post that starts the vote and states the different options, as
>> this post should be neutral. I know this requires you to send an
>> additional mail, but that would make the voting process more clean
>> and open.
>

> Good point I was just trying to kill two birds with one stone.
> However I do see that it can create a bias.  Too bad I did not do this
> with the email.  I'm hoping there is no bias here.  It never occurred
> to me until you mentioned it thanks.

No problem. And I don't think it biased the vote as it looks like Felix
will be the clear winner ;-)

Sylvain

Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Now that we have discussed the names for the few days we agreed to and
> have all determined a name change is necessary, it's time to choose
> the name.

+1 for Felix

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
+1 for Felix.

-> richard

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Now that we have discussed the names for the few days we agreed to and
> have all determined a name change is necessary, it's time to choose the
> name.  Here's the ballot composed of recommendations received from
> emails to this list:
>
> [  ] Assos
> [x] Felix
> [  ] Felixo
> [  ] Felix-osgi
> [  ] Oscarfish
> [  ] CAT
> [  ] Hermeia
> [  ] Your favorite inert gas: ________
>
> Again this closes within 72 hrs.  I have already made my choice above.

+1 for Felix

Upayavira

Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

Posted by Emil Ivov <em...@yahoo.com>.
+1 Felix

Emil Ivov

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 12 August 2005 11:10, Alex Karasulu wrote:

[x] Felix

Have gained too much momentum now, and I think only TM issues could change
this.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Felix = +1

Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

Posted by Jeff McAffer <Je...@ca.ibm.com>.
Felix = +1 (non-binding)

Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>
08/11/2005 11:13 PM
Please respond to
oscar-dev

oscar-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [VOTE] Please pick a name for this project

No contest.

+1 Felix, assuming no TM issues (it appears there aren't any in the
applicable realm)

CAT as a second choice.

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
No contest.

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
+1 for Felix

/Daniel

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Great. I will commit what I have to trunk...

-> richard

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Non-binding: