Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Oliver Erlewein <ol...@erlewein.net> on 2014/07/02 01:56:30 UTC

Module controller loosing "Module to run"

Hey all,

I use a lot of Include controllers and link to them via Module Controllers.
Every now and again it looses the contents of "Module to run". It looks
like if you rename the Test Plan all links to the Include controllers get
wiped as the Module Controller still links to the old Test Plan name. I'm a
bit surprised as I would have thought that behind the scenes the Module
Controller links to the object ID of the Test Plan and not the actual name.

Anyone seen similar behaviour?

Cheers Oliver

Re: Module controller loosing "Module to run"

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 2 July 2014 07:09, Wei Yi <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have ever used text editor to open the scripts, then you can see the
> they are linked by the actual name under collectionProp of ModuleController.
>
> This behavior bothers me too since as long as I changed the name of the
> test Fragment/Controller, my script cannot be run again.
>
> If JMeter can add the feature like the rename in eclipse, that would be
> great. Whenever I modify some controller, it will automatic change all the
> parts which are related to this controller.

Feel free to add a Bugzilla enhancement request for the feature.
Even better, add a patch as well!

However, I suspect this may be quite difficult to do in general whilst
maintaining upward compatibility.
The JMX files are plain text (XML) and the elements don't have unique ids.
And how should JMeter handle deleted elements?
But there may be some limited support that could be added.

If anyone has ideas as to how to implement this, it would be best to
discuss this on the JMeter dev list rather than here or on any
Bugzilla issue.

Posted by Wei Yi <sc...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards