Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2008/07/28 02:00:51 UTC

Re: Pax Logging Status Update

Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> Gang,
>
> I think I have set all the wheels in motion;
>
>  1. Checked that ICLAs are properly on file for Makas and Edward.
>
>  2. Accounts requested for Makas and Edward.
>
>  3. IP Clearance form filled out.
>
>  4. Requested the lazy consensus from the Incubator PMC to
>     approve the IP Clearance form.
>
> Anyone know about anything I forgot?

That sounds like everything.

> So, in 72 hours it is ok to do the import
> from /repos/asf/incubator/donations/felix-pmc/pax-logging
>
> If noone beats me to do it, I will take care of it. BUT where do I stick it?
>
> What will be the name of the module? (Pax Logging is not appropriate)
> Also, I assume I will need to rename the packages accordingly.

Well, we probably should rename the existing logger to something like
log.simple (and give it the new name of Simple Logger or something),
then we just need to think of a good and short way to differentiate PAX
logger.

If we cannot think of a functional name, then we can always christen it
with a new name, such as Flogger, for Felix logger, with a module name
of log.flogger. Of course, this particular suggestion is just something
off the top of my head, so perhaps someone can come up with something
better.

Yes, we will need to rename the packages and also adjust the headers.

-> richard

Re: Pax Logging Status Update

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 28 July 2008 08:00, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> such as Flogger, for Felix logger,

+1 for Flogger.

Cheers
--