Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Michael Nestler <mn...@whoglue.com> on 2004/04/06 15:30:36 UTC

Meaning of spool field error_message

Hello,

I just have a very quick question: what is the meaning of the field
"error_message" in James' table spool?
How do I have to interpret this number in a varchar field? Is it an
error code?

Thanks,
Michael

RE: Meaning of spool field error_message

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> what is the meaning of the field "error_message" in
> James' table spool?

The Mail interface provides accessor and mutator methods for that property.

Normally, the error_message field contains an error message, such as a
notice attached with a ToProcessor mailet.  In the current code,
RemoteDelivery uses it, unfortunately, to store the current number of
delivery attempts.

We've talked about removing that field entirely in James v3, and requiring
atttribute support, which is currently optional.

	--- Noel