Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de> on 2010/06/12 23:27:46 UTC

Running log_transaction from a pre-cleanup

From the blockers section in STATUS:

>  * Running the log_transaction hook from pool cleanup is fubar:
>
>      http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=123910381908293&w=1

Shouldn't the log_transaction hook simply be called from a pre-
cleanup? After all, a module may create a sub-pool from the request
pool at some time and still need that sub-pool in its log_transaction
hook.

Re: Running log_transaction from a pre-cleanup

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Saturday 12 June 2010, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> From the blockers section in STATUS:
> >  * Running the log_transaction hook from pool cleanup is fubar:
> >      http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=123910381908293&w=1
>
> Shouldn't the log_transaction hook simply be called from a pre-
> cleanup? After all, a module may create a sub-pool from the request
> pool at some time and still need that sub-pool in its
> log_transaction hook.

I have changed this in r954590 and it fixed the segfaults for me. Does
anyone still see a problem or can I remove that item from the blockers
list?