Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hauke Ernst <ha...@bendit-interfaces.de> on 2003/12/02 17:07:45 UTC

LDAP Problem

Hello,

I have a strange problem with the LDAP transformer.
I use Cocoon 2.1.13 and a Novell EDirectory LDAP Server.

The LDAP query is executed, but the result set is somehow incomplete.
The LDAP transformer creates a node for each attribute it finds, but the
value is always empty. If I ask for an attribute which does not exist,
there is no result node created for that attribute (which makes sense).
Any idea?

The query:

<LDAPUSER xmlns:ldap="http://apache.org/cocoon/LDAP/1.0">
<ldap:execute-query>
<ldap:initializer>com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</ldap:initializer>
<ldap:authentication>simple</ldap:authentication>
<ldap:version>3</ldap:version>
<ldap:serverurl>ldap://digibender</ldap:serverurl>
<ldap:port>389</ldap:port>
<!--
         <ldap:scope>SUBTREE_SCOPE</ldap:scope>
-->
<ldap:scope>OBJECTS_SCOPE</ldap:scope>
<!--
	 <ldap:scope>ONELEVEL_SCOPE</ldap:scope>
-->
<ldap:searchbase>o=Users</ldap:searchbase>
<ldap:rootdn>o=Users</ldap:rootdn>
<ldap:password/>
<ldap:debug>true</ldap:debug>
<ldap:deref-link>true</ldap:deref-link>
<ldap:count-limit>0</ldap:count-limit>
<ldap:time-limit>0</ldap:time-limit>
<ldap:filter>(objectClass=*)</ldap:filter>
<ldap:show-attribute>true</ldap:show-attribute>
<ldap:doc-element>LDAP</ldap:doc-element>
<ldap:row-element>LDAPSET</ldap:row-element>
<ldap:attribute>uid</ldap:attribute>
<ldap:error-element>ELEMENT</ldap:error-element>
</ldap:execute-query>
</LDAPUSER>

The result (in the directory there are 2 groups and one user on the top
level):

<LDAPUSER xmlns:ldap="http://apache.org/cocoon/LDAP/1.0">
<LDAP xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/LDAP/1.0">
<LDAPSET></LDAPSET>
<LDAPSET></LDAPSET>
<LDAPSET>   <-- this seems to be the found user
<uid></uid>   <-- here I would expect the uid value !
</LDAPSET>
</LDAP>

</LDAPUSER>

Greetings, Hauke