Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Rotick <pc...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 18:44:43 UTC

Unpack with strip version is missing

I am attempting to mavenize a project whose purpose is to update a
binary data structure from old versions to a current version. Each
version provides an update tool from the previous version so it's a
combination of these tools.

There is always something slightly different with each version so each
is defined as a module with it's associated assemblies of update
tools.

I then use the dependency plugin to bring it altogether for a specific release.

The problem I've got is that no matter what I specify for the
outputDirectory the resulting pathname always includes the artifact
version number. There seems to be no way to have an unpack goal with
the stripVersion enabled.

Although I can handle this in the top project assembly file it's a bug
waiting to happen when someone forgets to bump the version numbers
especially is there is a minor release change that gets forgotten.

Any ideas?