Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/10/07 21:39:58 UTC

netscape beta

Everyone playing with the new Netscape beta?

There's stuff there for language encoding and it
sends "CONNECTION: Keep-Alive" too.

... it all looks very impressive (try view source)

Re: netscape beta

Posted by Ryan Watkins <va...@dimensionx.com>.
Ben Laurie writes:

> > Everyone playing with the new Netscape beta?
>
> I'd love to, but where is it?

ftp[1-7].netscape.com/2.0beta

> > There's stuff there for language encoding and it
> > sends "CONNECTION: Keep-Alive" too.
> >
> > ... it all looks very impressive (try view source)

Definately, though java support is pretty weak.  And for a litte fun

  about:hype

most of you should recognize where thats from and who's speaking.

--
Ryan L. Watkins                email: vamp@dnx.com
HTML Hacker / System Admin       url: http://www.dnx.com/vamp/vamp.html

Re: netscape beta

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Everyone playing with the new Netscape beta?

I imagien not everyone...

> There's stuff there for language encoding and it
> sends "CONNECTION: Keep-Alive" too.

Yes. It also sends a Host: header. Someone should note to the http-wg
that it sends PQDNs and ports (apparently whatever's in between the first
and second /, it seems), but I'm too scared to do so (*smirk*).

At any rate, it seems to me it's time Apache thought about supporting these
things.

--/ Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us> /--------/ Lefler on IRC