Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de> on 2022/04/25 06:22:31 UTC

Dependabot PRs' flooding

Hi,

a few weeks ago, I noticed, that a lot of mails are generated by
@dependabot on the TomEE repositories.

It contains a lot of false positives (i.e. in the examples) and often
requires additional efforts (i.e. code changes, xml adjustments) to
upgrade.

We are updating the dependencies before releases anyway (if they are
important), so I am wondering, if we should disable @dependabot for the
TomEE repositories?

According to INFRA, it is possible to disable via
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Git+-+.asf.yaml+features#Git.asf.yamlfeatures-DependabotAlertsandUpdates

Any thoughts? ;)

Richard

Re: Dependabot PRs' flooding