Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2003/10/14 12:25:56 UTC

PostgreSQL Howto

The PostgreSQL Howto is so out of date that it would be better if it
didn't exist at all.

I suggest we toss the existing howto away and change the link to refer
to the Wiki FAQ page:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TorqueProjectPages/PostgreSQLFAQ

Any objections?

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: PostgreSQL Howto

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Scott Eade wrote:
> The PostgreSQL Howto is so out of date that it would be better if it
> didn't exist at all.
>
> I suggest we toss the existing howto away and change the link to refer
> to the Wiki FAQ page:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TorqueProjectPages/PostgreSQLFAQ
>

> Any objections?

I'd rather the Wiki content be cut-n-pasted into the HOWTO, with a link to the
Wiki at the top of the page.  If the Wiki ever goes down or becomes
unmaintained, it would be nice to still have the docs (which should be
available in an off-line format anyhow).