Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2001/05/22 15:49:08 UTC

Re: [PLAN] Xalan-J 2.1 release plan; target NOW IS: Wed, 23-May-01

OK, color me forgetful: with the below change, and Xerces 1.3.1, we don't
work by default (since 1.3.1 doesn't properly have the JAXP
meta-inf/services keys setup) so...

Most likely we will release Xalan-J 2.1 tomorrow, Wednesday, morning
(Eastern US) with Xerces 1.4 in it.  This is pending the actual Xerces-J
1.4 release (likely early this afternoon) and my testing today to confirm
results are the same or better than with 1.3.1.

Sorry for the delay, yada yada, some versions may be closer than they
appear, blah blah, your mileage may vary, etc.  Now I'm going to check my
machine for why I didn't spot this much earlier.

- Shane
-------------------
Re: [PLAN] Xalan-J 2.1 release plan; target: Tue, 22-May-01
From:     cmanolache@yahoo.com
Date:     2001-05-21 20:28:56
[Download message RAW]

+1

> Costin to remove javax.xml.parsers files from
> xml-xalan/java CVS (Status?)

Done and tested ( not included in the jar, the files are still in CVS -
will be removed later, with all javax.xml as it moves to common )

Costin

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Tue, 22 May 2001 Shane_Curcuru@lotus.com wrote:

> OK, color me forgetful: with the below change, and Xerces 1.3.1, we don't
> work by default (since 1.3.1 doesn't properly have the JAXP
> meta-inf/services keys setup) so...

It doesn't matter if xerces have or doesn't have the meta-inf/services -
it is the default in the javax.xml.parsers which is included in xalan (
and duplicated in xerces ), so it'll work.

The only change is that if a different parser is included with a proper
meta-inf/services, it'll work fine, xerces is not affected. Before it
wasn't possible ( since xerces was both the default, but also defined as
services in xalan  )

Costin