Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2002/03/26 14:01:47 UTC

Re: RES: Newbie Question - Please Helpme (Cannot find ActionMapping or...)

You might want to temporarily shift development to Tomcat or Resin, to
help isolate the problem. Once you have something working there, take
another run at JRun.

I'd also consider contacting JRun support if you continue to have
problems, since Struts compatability is something most vendors pursue
these days.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services

Posted by Javier Campoamor <jc...@lapize.com>.
Could be that you are having a compatibility problem. We had a similar
problem using Struts with Xalan in ServletExec. The problem was the version
of ServletExec that we used came with some xml tools (crimson.jar, jaxp.jar,
...) that conflicted with the xml tools used by Xalan (xerces.jar,
xml-apis.jar)
Due to this problem, the struts-config.xml wasn't parsed, and no mapping
could be found.

I'll suggest to be sure that your application is ok (use Tomcat) and then,
try it in JRun without xerces and jaxp.

Regards

Javier