Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/01 03:25:08 UTC

Compile Error...

Sorry if this has been posted before:

I'm having problems compiling on Red Hat 7.1.  I have tried both JDK
1.3.1.01 and 1.3.1.02 with the same error when trying to compile Xindice 1.0
RC1 from CVS. Here is the error from the ant shellscript:

/usr/xindice/bin/ant: line73: Segmentation fault
 $JAVA_HOME/bin/$JAVACMD -classpath
$LOCALCLASSPATH -Dant.home=${ANT_HOME} -Djava.home=${JAVA_HOME} $ANT_OPTS
org.apache.tools.ant.Main $@

Any ideas?

Kurt

Re: Compile Error...

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
This error is generated using the default setup of 4080.  I tied another
port
(3080) as a test with the same results.  I don't have any problems with
other
socket services (Apache, MySQL, etc.).  I am running with 2 nics, but I
don't
see where that would interfere with anything.  Also, I am attempting to
start
the server under root (until I can figure out what is going on).  In the
meantime,
I'm stuck with doing any development on Windoze 2k :-(

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.

Re: Compile Error...

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
I was able to build 1.0RC1 from ant.  When attempting to start the server, I
get this:
Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Database: 'db' initializing
Script: 'GET' added to script storage
Service: 'db' started
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.services.SocketServer.createServerSocket(SocketSer
ver.java:242)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.services.HTTPServer.run(HTTPServer.java:176)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Any pointers?

Re: Compile Error...

Posted by Kurt Ward <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Tom,

Thanks for the info.  I realized this shortly after posting the message...
Doh!  I'm having several other errors when trying to compile, but I'll try
to work through them before posting again :-)
I'm brand-spanking-new at Java development on Linux but I have been working
on M$ Win2k with dbXML/Xindice for the last 4 months with no problems - it's
just time to kick that thing to the curb.

Kurt

Re: Compile Error...

Posted by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com>.