Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com> on 2020/02/21 00:30:15 UTC

RE: [Netbeans 11.2][JDK 13] Resolution issue

When changing scaling settings, you may need to log out and back in of Windows before seeing the changes properly applied. With 100% scaling and logging out and back in, you should get the same appearance as in Java 8 (which simply did not support HiDPI scaling at all).

(There are improvements in this area coming in 11.3, see https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1777 . See also https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/HiDPI+%28Retina%29+improvements for a complete overview of HiDPI-related issues.)

-- Eirik

Posted by Bilu Al <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello Eirik, i tried Scale 100% with last 11.3 revision and as you said it
looks exactly the same with Java 8. No huge fonts and so.
But it is a bit annoying because down-scaling to 100% affect other apps
like chrome, office etc...which font are smaller.

I hope there is other fixes coming.

By the way the FLAT LAF is awesome.