Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Serguei Belikov <sb...@tucows.com> on 2005/09/09 17:31:48 UTC

XPath exctractor

Hi,

I am dealing with large XML responses, that needs to be parsed to
retrieve parameters that I'd like to use to build a requests. XML file
has a pretty complicated schema and contains a lot of repetition of
context. That makes RegExp extractor useless for retrieving data from
the response. I think that would be nice to have an XPath extractor
along with RegExp extractor. For now I am using BeanShell assertions to
save the response to a file and then to parse it with __XPath function.
That makes my tests running at least 20% slower than it could be with
XPath extractor.

Serguei Belikov
Sr. Developer
Tucows Inc.
sbelikov@tucows.com
(416) 535-0123 Ext. 1297

Re: XPath exctractor

Posted by Jonathan Oexner <jo...@alum.wpi.edu>.
A hearty second for the XPath extractor.  I'm doing the same thing
with writing the sample out to a file and then parsing it with the
__XPath function, and it's a major PITA.