Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Sajit Zachariah <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/12 12:52:00 UTC

Is MINA the right library?

Hi All,

I am sure that this question is not very appropriate
in this mailing list.

But could you suggest if MINA is the right API for the
application that we are writing for the following
requirements.

1. application should manage multiple devices on
tcp/ip
2. application should be able to listen to the alarms
and  events from multiple devices
3. application should be able send commands to the
devices; these devices could be on LAN or on internet

Thanks for all your inputs

-Sajit

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/3658

Re: Is MINA the right library?

Posted by "Mehmet D. AKIN" <md...@gmail.com>.
On 9/12/07, Sajit Zachariah <sa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am sure that this question is not very appropriate
> in this mailing list.
>
> But could you suggest if MINA is the right API for the
> application that we are writing for the following
> requirements.
>
> 1. application should manage multiple devices on
> tcp/ip
> 2. application should be able to listen to the alarms
> and  events from multiple devices
> 3. application should be able send commands to the
> devices; these devices could be on LAN or on internet
>
> Thanks for all your inputs
>
> -Sajit

I have implemented a similar server using Mina, which was capable of,
- managing multiple devices (~500 - 1000 devices, all on-line)
- lots of different binary message types
- listening alarms and other data from devices
- sending messages to devices

Mina did the job perfectly.

Mehmet.