Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us> on 2008/04/28 20:38:07 UTC

New SVNSYNC bug?

I've been using 1.5.0 SVNSYNC with WEBDAV proxy since about three days
after the feature was committed in 2006/12 and have had very few problems with
it. Master: 1.4.2 (Win2KR3), Slave: 1.5.0 (RHEL5) (web dav proxy enabled).

The last stable version I've been using was r27613 from Nov 2007/11.

A week or so ago I upgraded to 1.5.0 rc3.

Today I was doing some tags and I noticed that the SVNSYNC didn't seem to
be working, I wasn't getting the new versions into the mirror repository.

That happens evry once in a while and I have to manually do the SVNSYNC
but it normally only happens on big commits.

I ran the SVNSYNC manually and it claimed it transferred over the new
revision.  I went to the mirror repository and checked and it showed a new
revision but the "svn log -v" showed the Changed Paths as blank and no
commit log message.

I puzzled about that for a few minutes and decided to try to re-initialize
and re-sync the (small 25 revision) repository where the error showed up.

I have a script file which sets up my mirror repositories with
"svnadmin" and "svnsync init" and saved the old mirror and ran the script to
(re)create the new one.

I then ran svnsync on the master like I normally do to populate a new
mirror after initialization with "svnadmin" and "svnsync init".

Now ALL 25 revs showed up with no paths and no messages.

Currently I'm working around the problem by manually copying db/revs and
db/revprops.  I've noticed that the mirror version of the
db/reprops/X after svnsync only has "END" in it and both the db/revs/X and
db/revprops/X files don't seem to match the file length of those files on the
master server.

Once I copy the files manually from master to slave it looks like
everything is OK.

If I were guessing, I would guess something to do with SVNSYNC has
regressed sometime between r27613 from last 2007/11 to RC3 as of a couple
of weeks ago?

I will now proceed to attempt to downgrade back to r27613 and see if the
problem goes away.

Any ideas?  If I can provide any more information, please let me know.  I
doubt I can provide the repo to any one for looking at but if you think it
is important I can ask my supervisor.

    Thanks!

--
David Wayne Summers        "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david@summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt

Re: New SVNSYNC bug?

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net>.
OK, hmm.  To clarify: you originally discovered this using webdav
proxy, but you then were able to reproduce it with a script using
svnsync manually, without using the webdav proxy feature at all?  And
what RA layers/libraries did you use for the svnsync run?

--dave

David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/

Re: New SVNSYNC bug?

Posted by David Summers <da...@summersoft.fay.ar.us>.