Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@coredevelopers.net> on 2004/08/19 02:31:47 UTC

Big change in how geronimo/openejb is assembled and used.

As I suggested a couple of weeks ago, I've changed how assembly works
in geronimo and openejb.  The assembly modules now produce a jar
"distribution" that is installed in your local maven repo.  They don't
produce a "global" target outside the assembly module.

Parallel to this, the geronimo maven deploy plugin now can unpack this
"distribution" into a directory of your choice.  As before, the plugin
can start geronimo, deploy applications, start configurations, stop
configurations, undeploy configurations, and stop geronimo.

I've posted some details on the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Running

The openejb itests are now using this.  Since I got some tests working
I enabled them as part of the openejb build to encourage others to
figure out what remains broken.

many thanks,
david jencks