Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sa...@twinix.com on 2008/09/08 11:19:16 UTC

Re: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=6039 Posted on behalf of a User

try:
/manager/html instead!

Hi list,

I'm trying to use the manager webapp for the custom Ant tasks on Tomcat
6.0.9 with Sun Solaris 10. I've gone into the tomcat-users.xml file and
created a username/password admin/admin that has the manager role.
However, when I try to connect to the manager webapp by pointing my
browser to http://localhost:port/manager, I get the error:

_The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

_I know I must be missing something obvious. I've searched Google for
suggestions and I've read the Manager How-To online but to no avail.
Perhaps I am missing some directories in my Tomcat installation? When I
try to navigate to http://localhost:port/tomcat-docs I receive the same
error.

Is it possible I have a directory in the wrong place? I doubt that would
be the case because I simply downloaded the Tomcat 6.0.9 core
distribution and followed the instructions. Do I need the deployer or
something?

Thanks,
Dan

RE: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Robert K. Vanderhoek [mailto:rob727@nhdeeds.com]
> Subject: Re: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.
>
> Check to see if your webapps directory contains the /manager and
> /tomcat-docs folders.  Also make sure your server.xml file is pointing
> to the /webapps directory as its starting place.

Don't respond to this thread - it dates from over a year ago and was answered within a very short time of the question being asked.  Some clown was browsing techienuggets and responded to the initial message without ever reading any of the responses.  It's unfortunate that techienuggets works so poorly.

 - Chuck

RE: The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
yes ..
specifically
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

Posted by "Robert K. Vanderhoek" <ro...@nhdeeds.com>.

--