Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/03 06:24:35 UTC

Re: ldap user permission

hi jorge

that should be easy to do by configuring your system to trigger the 'AccessControlAction' upon user/group creation. this action is part of the default action provider implementation and you can configure the desired privileges granted for users and group, respectively.

in the OSGi console the provider is labeled "Apache Jackrabbit Oak AuthorizableActionProvider" and the corresponding configuration option "Configure AccessControlAction: User Privileges".

the documentation for the actions is located at
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/security/user/authorizableaction.html

there should be tests available in oak-core that illustrate the behavior if you wanted to see it in action.

hope that helps
angela

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Jorge

If you are not using OSGi, you have to make sure you setup the Oak repository with a SecurityProvider that is configured such that the {{DefaultAuthorizableActionProvider}} comes with the corresponding actions setup the way you need it.

That should be doable... at least it works for the our tests, which mostly use non-OSGi based setup.
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.security.internal.SecurityProviderBuilder might turn out to be useful.

Hope that helps
Angela
I think it is awesome all the things you guys made with Oak.

Unfortunately we are not using OSGi. Anyway, I will make it work as you say
and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Jorge

Re: ldap user permission