Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Menke <jm...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/20 15:39:08 UTC

Passing data to Global Error Page

I need to pass data to my global error page

I am attempting to setup a global error action instead of a jsp page as i
want to post a message stored in my db on the
error page.  The action will grab data from the db and forward to jsp

I am trying:

    <global-results>
             <result name="fatal-error"
type="redirect-action">errorHandlerAction</result>

        </global-results>

     <action name="errorHandlerAction" method="errorHandler"
class="ErrorAction">
               <result name="error">fatal-error.jsp</result>
      </action>

But this does not seem to work with any of the result types.
(redirect-action, chain...)

I see where you can extend ExceptionMappingInterceptor but i need to put a
variable in the
context somewhere.

If i extend ExceptionMappingInterceptor how can a place content in the
request so that my error page:

<global-results>
            <result name="fatal-error">fatal-error.jsp</result>
        </global-results>

can access it.

on error page:

        <s:property escape="false" value="errorText" />

thanks in advance for any replies

jm