Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@TrySybase.com> on 2004/03/23 22:57:42 UTC

Pure Python (was Re: [RT] href considered harmful)

> if I would like to replace the use of ls and cat in gumpy with pure
> python code (like sync), do you have
> any suggestions ?
>
> Do we already have testcases for the use of ls and cat in the tools.py ?

Huh? I think this has already been done (see FileHolder in files.py), I just
left the old code in there (in tools.py). Did I leave tests in by accident
that cause problems? Do you have any real runtime problems? I thought your
sync.py not the last piece in that port to pure.

The only remaining thing I'm aware off that isn't pure Python that ought be
pure is 'pgrep', which is broken anyway and logged into JIRA as such.

regards,

Adam