Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ma...@zu-con.org on 2019/04/17 07:59:15 UTC

Rule release workflow

Hello,

I am wondering how fixed and new rules go from the developer branch to the
official updates. The website is a bit vague in this respect.

Matthias

Re: Rule release workflow

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
Depending on your level of interest you might join the sysadmins list but
here is a high level overview.

Rules are checked into trunk and then go through distributed volunteer
masschecks for promotion, demotion and rule qa for a genetic algorithm for
scoring.

When the system deems they are ok, DNS is updated to tell sa-update a new
ruleset is ready.

We use trunk with version conditional to produce one ruleset for most of
the modern versions.

This process takes about 48 hours and we could use volunteers who want to
dig into some thesis level systems to speed it up.

The primary reason I maintain KAM.cf is because of the publishing delays.

Hth, KAM