Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@OWAL.co.uk> on 2002/09/04 16:23:28 UTC

Adding meta keywords to the header in Turbine App

Hi folks,

One of the reasons I like Turbine is the ability to put parameters in the
URL path to aid search engines who often dislike looking at URLs with a
query string.

I want to add some meta data to the header something like this...

<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Companies who provide Open Source
Software support.">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="OSS Open Source Software Support Apache GPL
Professional ">

Now I have a Turbine 2.x style web app with a default layout and several vm
screens, but I can't figure out the correct method to add the meta
information.

If I simply add it in to the template as is then it gets put on the final
page - but not in the header.

Presumably I need to do something similar to $page.setTitle("My Page
Title")... but I can't see how... I've been looking through the Velocity
docs, and the Turbine mailing list... but I'm stumped.

Any suggestions for solving this?

Alex McLintock

Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
Open Source Software Companies please register here
http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

Re: Adding meta keywords to the header in Turbine App

Posted by Alexander Banthien <al...@questech.de>.
Hi,

VelocityOnlyLayout

is also worth a try. Then you write everything yourself and you write plain HTML.

Alex McLintock wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> One of the reasons I like Turbine is the ability to put parameters in the
> URL path to aid search engines who often dislike looking at URLs with a
> query string.
>
> I want to add some meta data to the header something like this...
>
> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Companies who provide Open Source
> Software support.">
> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="OSS Open Source Software Support Apache GPL
> Professional ">
>
> Now I have a Turbine 2.x style web app with a default layout and several vm
> screens, but I can't figure out the correct method to add the meta
> information.
>
> If I simply add it in to the template as is then it gets put on the final
> page - but not in the header.
>
> Presumably I need to do something similar to $page.setTitle("My Page
> Title")... but I can't see how... I've been looking through the Velocity
> docs, and the Turbine mailing list... but I'm stumped.
>
> Any suggestions for solving this?
>
> Alex McLintock
>
> Openweb Analysts Ltd, London.
> Software For Complex Websites http://www.OWAL.co.uk/
> Open Source Software Companies please register here
> http://www.OWAL.co.uk/oss_support/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Alexander Banthien

_______________________________________
Questech GmbH
Schwarzwaldstr. 19
79199 Kirchzarten

Fon: +49 (0)7661 90 35-15
Fax: +49 (0)7661 90 35-20
www.questech.de

Re: Adding meta keywords to the header in Turbine App

Posted by Andrew Klochkov <an...@mail.ru>.
Alex,

AM> Hi folks,

AM> One of the reasons I like Turbine is the ability to put parameters in the
AM> URL path to aid search engines who often dislike looking at URLs with a
AM> query string.

AM> I want to add some meta data to the header something like this...

AM> <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Companies who provide Open Source
Software support.">>
AM> <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="OSS Open Source Software Support Apache GPL
Professional ">>

$page.setHttpEquiv("description", "Companies who provide Open Source
Software support.")

--
Andrew

Re: Adding meta keywords to the header in Turbine App

Posted by Derick <de...@xenocex.com>.
Hi Alex,

The inof you need is in
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/context-howto.html,
under Using the TemplatePageAttributes Object.

Also check out the javadocs for TemplatePageAttributes.

Derick