Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/15 00:05:20 UTC

unclean shutdown

After unclean shutdown kafka reports this error on startup:
[2013-10-14 16:44:24,898] FATAL Fatal error during KafkaServerStable
startup. Prepare to shutdown (kafka.server.KafkaServerStartable)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: requirement failed: Corrupt index
found, index file (/disk1/kafka-logs/perf2-22/00000000000000000000.index)
has non-zero size but the last offset is 0 and the base offset is 0

How it's supposed to bring broker back after unclean shutdown?

Thanks.

Re: unclean shutdown

Posted by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Re: unclean shutdown

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.

Re: unclean shutdown

Posted by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: unclean shutdown

Posted by Kane Kane <ka...@gmail.com>.
I couldn't reproduce it yet, I'm rolling out the fresh install and trying
to do so.

Re: unclean shutdown

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Is this issue reproducible?