Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by bo...@gmail.com, bo...@gmail.com on 2018/09/20 08:51:42 UTC

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook

Hello everybody!

I'm writing my project with using apache.poi.
I encountered such a problem:
my project works wonderfully in the idea, but when you build maven and run the jar file it gives an error.
I tried to solve this problem in various ways:
- used different versions (3.9, 3.12, 3.17, 4.00)
- I put hands on the library inside the compiled project
- registered in maven as a local repository and went to a certain place.
The project does not start.
I ask you to help me and direct me in the right way

my project - https://github.com/Dmytrius/reportmail

Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook

Posted by bo...@gmail.com, bo...@gmail.com.

On 2018/09/20 11:44:06, "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure why you need to load poi differently from xmlbeans. The xmlbeans
> is correct but your poi dependencies are nothing like anything I've ever
> seen.
> Could you use the standard pom settings?
>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
>             <artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>
>             <version>4.0.0</version>
>         </dependency>
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

> If I understood you correctly,
method did not work, error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/ss/usermodel/Workbook
        at autoreportmail.Run.run(App.java:42)
        at autoreportmail.App.main(App.java:26)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook
        ... 2 more

my pom.xml:
<dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.firebirdsql.jdbc</groupId>
            <artifactId>jaybird-jdk18</artifactId>
            <version>3.0.5</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.postgresql</groupId>
            <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
            <version>42.2.4</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-collections4</artifactId>
            <version>4.2</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
            <artifactId>poi-ooxml</artifactId>
            <version>4.0.0</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>junit</groupId>
            <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
            <version>4.12</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
        <pluginManagement><!-- lock down plugins versions to avoid using Maven defaults (may be moved to parent pom) -->
            <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
                </plugin>
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
                </plugin>
                <plugin>
                    <version>3.8.0</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <source>8</source>
                        <target>8</target>
                        <fork>true</fork>
                        <executable>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181\bin\javac</executable>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
                <plugin>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <id>copy-dependencies</id>
                            <phase>package</phase>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                            </goals>
                                <configuration>
                                    <outputDirectory>target/lib</outputDirectory>
                                </configuration>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                </plugin>
                <plugin>
                    <configuration>
                        <archive>
                            <manifest>
                                <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                                <mainClass>autoreportmail.App</mainClass>
                            </manifest>
                        </archive>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </pluginManagement>
    </build>

Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.

On 2018/09/20 13:54:15, "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Somehow you've disabled the standard transitive dependency loading mechanisms
> in your maven build.
>
> Try adding:
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId>
>             <artifactId>poi</artifactId>
>             <version>4.0.0</version>
>         </dependency>
>
> But without transitive dependency loading, you're going to have to
> explicitly add lots of dependencies.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

thanks for the help, but something else helped me:
1. As though I did not change my pom file - a tangible result is not given.
2. when I put files of poi and poi-ooxml into one folder with my jar file - the application worked.
3. Without the libraries in the folder, the application refuses to work so that I do not apply it.

Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook