Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Koon Yue Lam <ki...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/17 08:48:44 UTC

About Tiles

Hi, I want to build a webpage using tiles, the structure is:

Header
Body
Footer

super classic layout but I have one question, if the content in Header
and Footer are read only and will be nearly the same throughout entire
user session. How can I just reload the body part? and keep the Header
and Footer static?
(the content of Body is generated according to the content of Header)

however, each user will have a page to modify their info (name,
age...), and after these changes have made to DB. Both Header and
Footer must force to reload

so how can I trigger reload of Tiles as I wish, but keep those tiles
static for the rest of time??

Best regards

Re: About Tiles

Posted by Koon Yue Lam <ki...@gmail.com>.
thanks for the help ! I will spend some time on the above links !

Regards

Re: About Tiles

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@portalvu.com>.
http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=Tiles101

Also you can see sample tiles portal that ships with tiles.
I love using Tiles with EL to have dynamic tiles diplayed.

.V

RE: About Tiles

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Try skimming through the "Tiles Advanced Features by Cedric Dumoulin" listed
on the Strut site under this page:
http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/dev_tiles.html

The direct link to that PDF guide is:
http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles/tilesAdvancedFeatures.pdf

Regards,

Re: About Tiles

RE: About Tiles

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
Koon,

You can use a TilesAction to modify a part of your tile to display the
appropriate HTML, JSP or tiles sub-page as well as fill in pieces such as
"username", shopping cart totals, etc., such as those that might be stored
in the user's session.

Regards,
David