Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Spencer Leone <th...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/18 01:42:02 UTC

What is purpose of maps.reg config file with regex_map plugin?

Hello.

Is the maps.reg config file for the regex mappings? I just built &
installed the regex_map plugin. But I am confused about how I should use
the maps.reg configuration file when we already put the mappings (not full
regex) in the remap.config file.

The regex_map plugin README.txt says:

    "To use this plugin, configure a remap.config rule like

       map http://a.com http://b.com @plugin=regex_remap.so @pparam=maps.reg

    ..."

So it appears the regular expressions do NOT go in the remap.config.
Instead the line added in remap.config is simply to trigger the passing on
the URL to the plugin?

If this is the case, does it matter what http://b.com is? I just do a
preliminary simple match on http//a.com which triggers more complex regex
match based on rules I put in maps.reg?

And the plugin returns the destination URL not http://b.com?

Please advise.

Thanks,