Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Deepa Rangarajan <de...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/10 18:46:41 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] mod_disk_cache usage

Hi,

I am using mod_disk_cache to cache certain files on my reverse proxy.
I am using Apache 2.0.46.

There are certain files that have a Last-Modified header and E-Tag but do
not have
the Expiry date set.

I have some basic doubts

Does the CacheDefaultExpire work only if both expiry date and modified date
are not set ?
(I tried setting this to 300 seconds and changed my file, but the new one is
not reloaded even after 300 seconds)

How does the CacheLastModifiedFactor work? It is mentioned that the
ExpiryDate= Current Date+ Hrs since last modified * CacheLastModifiedFactor.
The current date is going to change every second. So is the expiry date also
going to vary?

Will just specifying CacheMaxExpire make sure to reload any modified files
after the time lapses?
(In this case, I find that any modified files are not reloaded even after
the time lapses ?)

I have tried using these directives and do not see the cache working
properly. Pls. help.

Here is what I am using:

   CacheEnable disk /xxx
   CacheEnable disk /yyy