Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Viraj Rathod <vi...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/29 12:32:04 UTC

Configuration of ignite

I am setting up a cluster of 4 nodes. 2 are partitioned and 2 are backups
of the respective nodes.
The dataset contains 1 million rows of 150 columns having VARCHAR values.
What would be the configurations needed for the same? In regards of
pagesize, maxsize, checkpointbuffersize. What would be ideal values of
these parameters for fast and efficient TPS?
Viraj Rathod

Re: Configuration of ignite

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

You should keep pageSize the default, and checkpointBufferSize should be
tuned up until you only see checkpoints with reason 'timeout', i.e. when
you will not be running out of it.

You should be aiming for an optimal maxSize/checkpointBufferSize mix.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: Configuration of ignite

Posted by Viraj Rathod <vi...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hello!
>
> What are actual operations that you want best TPS for? For different
> operations the the answer will be different. With regards to maxSize you
> should try to load your data, see how much memory it will take.
>
> Note that Apache Ignite will distribute cache between all four nodes by
> default.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Ilya Kasnacheev
>

> чт, 29 нояб. 2018 г. в 15:32, Viraj Rathod <vi...@gmail.com>:
>
>> I am setting up a cluster of 4 nodes. 2 are partitioned and 2 are backups
>> of the respective nodes.
>> The dataset contains 1 million rows of 150 columns having VARCHAR values.
>> What would be the configurations needed for the same? In regards of
>> pagesize, maxsize, checkpointbuffersize. What would be ideal values of
>> these parameters for fast and efficient TPS?
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Viraj Rathod

Viraj Rathod