Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/17 01:38:59 UTC

Concern about new feature in blue-print core ( ie blueprint-core-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT is now blueprint-1.2-SNAPSHOT )

Due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1082

which pumps blueprint-core from 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT to 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT

This means karaf 2.3.2 will also pick it up eventually ( since
1.1.1-SNAPSHOT is no longer support )

isn't better to release blueprint-core-1.1.1 first before adding new
feature? to reduce regression in karaf 2.3.2?

Thanks

-D

Re: Concern about new feature in blue-print core ( ie blueprint-core-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT is now blueprint-1.2-SNAPSHOT )

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Dan,

I understand your point but I don't think it's a big deal.

Karaf 2.3.x can upgrade to Blueprint 1.2.0, or we also have Karaf 2.4.x
for that.

However, as a kind of checkpoint, having blueprint-core 1.1.1 can be
interesting. I gonna deal with Aries community about that.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Concern about new feature in blue-print core ( ie blueprint-core-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT is now blueprint-1.2-SNAPSHOT )

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
I believe Karaf has a huge influence on Aries, specially Guillaume Nodet
and JB are on this list.  I have asked to release blueprint-core-1.1.1
before at Aries,  but it does not seem to have any affect.

Base on past experience, karaf 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 did encounter regression
from Aries and with new added feature, I think karaf 2.3.2 may see
regression again.

-D

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Dan,