Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/22 13:32:48 UTC

[DAS] Ajax DAS Web Sample

Hi All,

JIRA-800  is created for supporting use of Ajax to create web sample.

With this approach, it will be easy to modify the sample to add new
features.

Many features like OCC, Column Converter, Compound Key Relationship can be
added

Also HTMLUnit testing can be used. Also, auto creation of derby database can
be done

(integrate JIRA-863).

Design thoughts:

There will be one jsp, one javascript, one servlet and some utility classes
and also a set of xsl files for transformation of the result.

To add a new feature , say OCC, the only modifications needed will be adding
a command under DAS Command (please refer to screen shot) and add a
stylesheet if one is not already there. This way maintaining the web sample
in future and adding new features will be easy.

In the execution flow, the adhoc query/ DAS command will be passed through
the javascript to servlet, which will invoke RDB-DAS, get results and return
to javascript. Javascript will render result through jsp.

Advantages will be scalability and user friendly result display.

Right now I have got the sample working for adhoc query.  Will expand it to
make it working for the above mentioned points. Please let me know your
feedback, what all DAS features we can include in this first shot. Also,
some better screen display suggestions and anything else. Will soon attach
the .war here to deploy and see the look and feel.

Regards,

Amita

Re: [DAS] Ajax DAS Web Sample

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
It's looking great and show good progress... I'll update my sandbox with
this patch.
I'll try to look into the issues you mentioned and send some updates
later...

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende