Posted to dev@wayang.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/04/15 11:18:05 UTC

No submissions to any of the ApacheCon events?

Hi Wayang folks,

As the chair of the IoT Track for the NA/EU ApacheCon and Co-Chair of the Asia, I regularly review the submissions for the IoT tracks.

I have noticed that there aren't any submissions from your project.

If you plan on submitting something, I strongly ask to you do it soon ... by submitting on one of the last days you eliminate the chance for coordination and are more likely to get a "Rejected". If you submit early, we can all work on getting the submissions into shape that the chance of getting accepted is higher.

AAAAAAND you help getting my life a lot easier, because I don't have to do all the planning stuff in 2-3 days which I normally have to do.

So ... if you plan on submitting: Do it ASAP ... keep in mind, you can always edit proposals, add/remove speakers and even withdraw a talk without any effort.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: No submissions to any of the ApacheCon events?

Posted by Bertty Contreras <be...@scalytics.io>.
Hi Folks,

Today, Jorge and I were chatting about it, and we will be preparing
something as soon as possible. We have some ideas in addition to the
redisconf deck.

I think we will come to you for some feedback.

Best regards,
Bertty

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <al...@scalytics.io>.

AW: No submissions to any of the ApacheCon events?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Jorge,

doesn't have to be IoT ... if it fits, it would be cool, but if you think any other category is a better fit, submit for that.
I just wanted to make sure you submit something, cause this is an important community building event and especially incubating projects should participate.

Chris

Yes we will submit something in the next few days. Just one question: are you suggesting to submit to the IoT track?

Best,
Jorge

Posted by jorge Arnulfo Quiané Ruiz <qu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chris,