Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Markus Skyttner <ma...@brunswickdirect.com> on 2001/09/12 14:37:39 UTC

Struts and bouncing IMs

Hello again Rohan,

I wonder if you could answer a question about BV and Struts.
We have to bounce our IMs every time we have made changes to the Struts
application we are building.
Have you found a way to set up your (dev) system so that you don't have
to do that?

// markus skyttner
B R U N S W I C K   D I R E C T

:: direct | +46 8 5068 78 24
:: mobile | +46 70 416 78 24
:: switchboard | +46 8 5068 78 00
:: fax | +46 8 5068 78 99
:: office | kungsgatan 8 | 1st floor
:: address | p.o. box 1112 | se-111 81 stockholm | sweden
:: web | www.brunswickdirect.com

Re: Struts and bouncing IMs

Posted by Rohan Oberoi <ro...@cornell.edu>.
Hi, Markus,

I assume by changes you mean recompiled .java files?  I haven't found
a way to avoid that.  However, using the bvadmin script (I'm not sure
if that's standard) we can bounce the IM very quickly.  Is that what
you're doing?

JSP changes usually reload automatically.  If you're having trouble
with those, you can set up an alias to delete the scratch directory.

Regards,
Rohan.