Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Andrew Munn <an...@nmedia.net> on 2015/03/19 00:03:47 UTC

PDFBox No glyph for font error

I am testing out code like this on Windows w/PDFbox 2.0.0:

	PDFont fontPlain = PDType1Font.TIMES_ROMAN;
	PDPageContentStream cos = new PDPageContentStream(document, page1);
	cos.setFont(fontPlain, 12);
        cos.drawString("Hello World");
        cos.endText();

And I'm getting the same error mentioned recently on stackoverflow.  Is
there a workaround?  I don't really care what font gets used.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29111310/pdfbox-2-0-0-type1fonts-working-on-one-computer-not-another

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No glyph for U+0048 in font Times-Bold
	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font.encode(PDType1Font.java:303)
	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.encode(PDFont.java:268)
	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPageContentStream.showText(PDPageContentStream.java:316)
	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPageContentStream.drawString(PDPageContentStream.java:282)

Thanks!

Andrew

Re: PDFBox No glyph for font error

Posted by Andrew Munn <an...@nmedia.net>.