Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by John Belmonte <jo...@neggie.net> on 2004/12/27 15:25:06 UTC

revprop-change hooks and set vs. delete

Perhaps both revprop hooks should take an additional flag argument
indicating whether the change was a deletion?

If I want to use the revprop hooks to log unversioned property changes,
it seems important to distinguish between deleting a property and
setting it to a null string.

I guess a property's new status can be obverved from
post-revprop-change.  However, I don't think there is any way to
guarantee that another process hasn't modified the same property since
the revprop change in question.  In any case, this doesn't help if you
need the info at pre-revprop-change time.

-John

Re: revprop-change hooks and set vs. delete

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
John Belmonte wrote:

> I noticed that the revision you mention didn't update the book, which
> describes the hook script arguments in detail.

Thanks.  I've added a note to the book's TODO file.

/Tobias

Re: revprop-change hooks and set vs. delete

Posted by John Belmonte <jo...@neggie.net>.

Posted by Tobias Ringström <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.