Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <ce...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/18 13:09:08 UTC

What does Apache Spark do?

Subject: What does Apache Spark do?

Good day from Singapore,

I notice that my company/organization uses Apache Spark. What does it do?

Just being curious.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
18 May 2022 Wed

Re: What does Apache Spark do?

Posted by Pasha Finkelshtein <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming,

Spark can perform variety of different tasks, do the most important thing
you should know about it is that it's a distributed computation framework.

Usually it's used for ETL (extract-transform-load) Pipelines, but also
there is a plethora of extensions, for example for stream processing or for
ML.

You can read more on its website: https://spark.apache.org

Welcome to the beautiful world of days engineering!

Cheers,
Pasha

ср, 18 мая 2022 г., 16:09 Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <