Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/26 13:58:33 UTC

PutS3Object submitting file many times

Has anyone run into problems where PutS3Object submits the same file many
(hundreds) of times?  This turned out to be a problem for me since we have
bucket versioning enabled, so we have many copies of the same file.

I can't reproduce this behavior anymore in the normal flow of things, but
I'm wondering if it's possible for this to happen if the processor is
forced to administratively yield (i.e., due to disk full or too many open
files).

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do

Re: PutS3Object submitting file many times

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Joe, it sounds like the NiFi commit was failing after the file
was sent.

If the processor was administratively yielding, possibly due to the disk
issues you mentioned, after completing the upload to S3, the file would be
left in the queue and picked up again for processing later, creating the
situation you observed.

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Joe