Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by hao jin <ha...@oracle.com> on 2015/10/23 11:55:41 UTC

missing in json facet does not work for stream?

Hi
I found when the method of json facet is set to stream, the "missing" is
not added to the result.
Is it designed or a known issue?

Thanks

Re: missing in json facet does not work for stream?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
I see, thanks!

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar
> <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now I am curious, what does it do!
>
> It's basically like facet.method=enum, but it truly streams
> (calculates each facet bucket on-the-fly and writes it to the
> response).
> Since it is streaming, it only supports sorting by term index order.
>
> Although if there is need/demand, we could also do a lightweight
> ordering over the buckets first (ordering by count or other facet
> function) and then still stream, creating the buckets and any
> sub-facets on the fly.
>
> -Yonik

>>> You found an undocumented feature (method=stream) ;-)
>>> That facet method doesn't have adequate testing yet, so I haven't
>>> publicized / documented it.
>>> Support for things like "missing" may be some of the stuff still TBD.
>>>
>>> -Yonik
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: missing in json facet does not work for stream?

Posted by Gopal Patwa <go...@gmail.com>.
Docs are available in Ref guide for Json facet and Json request api

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Faceted+Search
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/JSON+Request+API

Posted by hao jin <ha...@oracle.com>.
Thanks, Yonik.

When the shards parameter is specified in a json facet query with the
stream method, it is still ordered by the count by default.
 From our perf. test with totally 100,000,000 docs, the stream method is

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Now I am curious, what does it do!

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 5:55 AM, hao jin <ha...@oracle.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I found when the method of json facet is set to stream, the "missing" is not
>> added to the result.
>> Is it designed or a known issue?
>
> You found an undocumented feature (method=stream) ;-)
> That facet method doesn't have adequate testing yet, so I haven't
> publicized / documented it.
> Support for things like "missing" may be some of the stuff still TBD.
>
> -Yonik

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: missing in json facet does not work for stream?

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.