Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by David McTavish <dm...@sandvine.com> on 2004/03/16 16:41:44 UTC

Apache abort trap

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a fatal crash that I'm experiencing with Apache
1.3.29_1 running on FreeBSD 4.7 with WebSH 3.5.  Every once in a while, for
no possible explanation, Apache is crashing with the following error
recorded in the log file:

[Tue Mar 16 15:34:50 2004] [notice] child pid 4395 exit signal Abort trap
(6)
httpd in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer
Called UpdateStringOfFsPath with invalid object

Any suggestions? I've gone through all of our code and we're not using this
method anywhere... my only other thought is that it could possibly be a
websh bug or some internal Apache-websh integration problem?

Thanks,
David McTavish

Re: Apache abort trap

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
David McTavish <dm...@sandvine.com> writes:

> [Tue Mar 16 15:34:50 2004] [notice] child pid 4395 exit signal Abort trap
> (6)
> httpd in free(): warning: modified (page-) pointer
> Called UpdateStringOfFsPath with invalid object

> Any suggestions? I've gone through all of our code and we're not
> using this method anywhere... my only other thought is that it could
> possibly be a websh bug or some internal Apache-websh integration
> problem?

Which Tcl are you using?  It's definitely a Tcl function...

    if (PATHFLAGS(pathPtr) == 0 || fsPathPtr->cwdPtr == NULL) {
	Tcl_Panic("Called UpdateStringOfFsPath with invalid object");
    }

Hrm.  It's called from several different places.  Can you isolate the
crash to a small chunk of Websh code?

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/