Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Diego Ruotolo <dr...@noemalife.com> on 2011/06/01 12:27:33 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5.5.27, session lost, cookies

Hi Chris,

as I said in one of my previous mail, I'm not able to reproduce the
error anymore. I'm trying to figuring out what's changed (some commit
made by someone of our team), and next week I'll test it on some other
test environments. I'm trying to collect all the details to send you
accurate info, but I need to reproduce the error to do so.

BTW, in my previous mails I tell you about the architecture used in our
webapp, I send you the HTTP logs as returned by the access log valve and
I said we use 3 cookies:

- JSESSIONID, with value of generated session id
- jsessionid, same as before, just the name in lower case
- I18N, containing value <generation_time>&<i18n> , s.a.: 1234567890&IT_it

When I'll have more details about this issue, I'll send you as soon as
possible.

I would like to thank you for your precious help and support,

best regards

Posted by Diego Ruotolo <dr...@noemalife.com>.
Hi Chris,

many thanks for your suggestion. Next week I will try to remove the
cookie in excess and I'll tell you the result.

Best regards

Il 01/06/2011 16.29, Christopher Schultz ha scritto:
> Diego,
>
> On 6/1/2011 6:27 AM, Diego Ruotolo wrote:
> > BTW, in my previous mails I tell you about the architecture used in our
> > webapp, I send you the HTTP logs as returned by the access log valve and
>
> The logs are not useful, since they don't contain headers.
>
> > I said we use 3 cookies:
>
> > - JSESSIONID, with value of generated session id
> > - jsessionid, same as before, just the name in lower case
>
> Cookie names are case-insensitive, so using JSESSIONID as well as
> jsessionid is going to cause problems.
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2109.txt
>
> See sections 4.1 (specifically the definition of "attr" and the comment
> following it) and 4.2.2 where "NAME" is defined to be an "attr".
>
> -chris

Diego Ruotolo - NoemaLife S.p.A.

Ing. Diego Ruotolo
Software developer

NoemaLife S.p.A.
Via Gobetti, 52
40129 Bologna - ITALY
T +39 051 70.98.249
F +39 051 41.93.900
www.noemalife.com

Re: Tomcat 5.5.27, session lost, cookies

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.