Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by ap...@iitk.ac.in on 2002/09/06 10:54:32 UTC

Problems in using turbine

Hi friends,

I am trying to run the velocity site example given in Velocity Site How To in turbine
documentation. I have created a web application context for tomcat.

I have put the HelloWorld.class in the WEB-INF/classes directory. I have put the
HelloWorld.vm in templates/screens directory.

My request url is like this:

 http://localhost:8080/appname/servlet/org.apache.turbine.Turbine/template/HelloWorld.vm

 The error I get is this:

 org.apache.turbine.Services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown service
 PoolService requested

 I can't figure out the error.

 Can anybody help ?

 A.P.Das.

Re: Problems in using turbine

Posted by Rodney Schneider <ro...@actf.com.au>.
Hi,

I think your problem is that Turbine is not configured properly.  The
following line in TurbineResources.properties enables the PooService:

services.PoolService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.pool.TurbinePoolService

Are you sure this line is not commented out?

Rather than trying to get the HelloWorld example to work, you should first
download the TDK and go through the TDK Howto:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/tdk/tdk-howto.html

This is the easiest way to start learning how to use Turbine.

Regards,

-- Rodney