Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Sangram Patil <sa...@figmd.com> on 2015/05/20 16:53:31 UTC

Value extraction of text-note of cancer-patient

Hi,

I am pretty new to cTakes. I have a requirement and would like to extract
values from text-note of patients suffering from cancer. The values such
PSA, Gleason TNM staging mentioned in the text-note need to be extracted.
Can anybody help me to use cTakes to solve my problem.

--
Sincerely,
Sangram Patil

RE: Value extraction of text-note of cancer-patient

Posted by Abhishek Srivastava <ab...@gmail.com>.
*  .). A group of us is working on it though but it will be some time before we release code.

I would be curious to know as to what do you guys do to ensure that the library starts extracting attributes specific to any new or arbitrary domain (like cancer).

Perhaps it’s a naïve question…. But if we understood the steps involved, then we could add to the library.

Is there any place we can get started? How easy or hard it is?

Posted by Sangram Patil <sa...@figmd.com>.

Posted by John Green <he...@gmail.com>.