Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Carmona Perez, David" <DP...@fcc.es> on 2003/06/18 16:40:18 UTC

FOP problems with Unix

Hi all,

I have a strange problem.  Under Windows, everything works ok, the FOP serializer creates a PDF file.

But under Unix, some files are converted ok and some aren't.

The FOP xml file created by the pipeline is the same. I've tried to convert it to pdf by invoking directly FOP through a command line and it works.

So it must be something related to the interface between FOP and Cocoon.  In addition, I don't get any error message in the logs.

I'm using Cocoon 2.0.4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------
David

Re: FOP problems with Unix

Posted by "John R. Callahan" <jc...@sphere.com>.
I've had this problem many times: you need an X windows
display (the DISPLAY environment variable) set to a viable
display (like localhost:0.0) first OR use the headless Java
stuff in JDK 1.4 (see the Cocoon install notes or Wiki).

-- jack

John R. Callahan, Ph.D.
CTO
jcallahan@sphere.com