Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/05 06:51:16 UTC

Support for images in clipboard

Hello,

Is it planned to support images in the clipboard in some of the
near-future versions of the Guacamole? I have found this jira issue:

https://jira.glyptodon.com/browse/GUAC-1547

But no more details, it seems this feature is still pending.

The new Web Clipboard API supports binary data and xfreerdp can handle
images as well, so it seems to me that this is feasible. Are there
some technical issues with implementing image support in the clipboard
that I am missing?

Marko

Re: Support for images in clipboard

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 2:51 AM Marko Nikolić <ma...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it planned to support images in the clipboard in some of the
> near-future versions of the Guacamole? I have found this jira issue:

I would say probably not in the near-future, although that depends on how
many people clamor for it and if someone has time and expertise to
implement it.  The following JIRA issues can be used to track this:

> https://jira.glyptodon.com/browse/GUAC-1547
>
> But no more details, it seems this feature is still pending.

Correct, it is still pending.

> The new Web Clipboard API supports binary data and xfreerdp can handle
> images as well, so it seems to me that this is feasible. Are there
> some technical issues with implementing image support in the clipboard
> that I am missing?

http://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#clipboard

That might help you understand some of the rationale behind how it is has
been implemented.  I believe we are using the Web Clipboard API, now, where
available; however, there's still some work to be done within the AngularJS
application to support copy/paste of image data.  I would say it is
feasible, yes, it just needs to be done.  More a time and focus issue than
whether it is technically feasible or not.

-Nick