Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by André Kelpe <ef...@googlemail.com> on 2012/05/23 09:54:45 UTC

[Announcement] giraph talk in Brussels tonight

Hi List,

just a quick heads up: I am going to give a talk about giraph in
Brussels tonight during the bigdata.be meetup . If you are in town,
come on over! (There will also be a talk about the storm project from
twitter).

http://www.meetup.com/bigdatabe/events/63139992/

--André

Re: [Announcement] giraph talk in Brussels tonight

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
prasenjit mukherjee wrote:
> I would love to hear comparisons between storm and giraph.

Wouldn't that be a 'wrong' comparison or the type of comparisons which compare
'oranges' with 'apples'? ;-)

Apache S4 is probably a system closer to Storm and for which a comparison would
make more sense. Isn't it?

> Akthough I know that they are for different problems still
> they can compete for a large number of problem domains.

Can you make a few examples or share some use cases? (I am genuinely interested
:-)).

Cheers,
Paolo

Posted by André Kelpe <ef...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

in case somebody is interested in my slides, they can be found here:

https://speakerdeck.com/u/fs111/p/large-scale-graph-processing-with-apache-giraph

André

Posted by André Kelpe <ef...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by prasenjit mukherjee <pr...@gmail.com>.