Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> on 2001/05/10 14:32:20 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap ap_snprintf.c

"Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> writes:

> In article <20...@waka.ebuilt.net> you wrote:
>
> > It also isn't portable, which means that 1.3 is now broken on all but a
> > few platforms.  1.3 doesn't have autoconf, so this change will have to
> > disabled by default and enabled on a per-platform basis.

> >> The patch adds handling for "nan" and "inf" only for %f, %e and %E. What
> >> about %g abd %G? I think the same checks should be applied to them, too.
>
> Ops, yes, Roy is right: isnan(3) and isinf(3) are non-standard
> functions. For 2.0 this should be apr_isnan and apr_isinf and handled
> inside APR with Autoconf. For 1.3 it should be checked with TestCompile
> (recommended) or at least wrapped with a few platform-specific #ifdef's
> (alternatively).

We need to agree ASAP on how to solve this, or people will be wasting
their time as they play with 1.3 in prep for a release of 1.3.20.

TestCompile sounds right but then I've never played with it :)
Anybody want to be a hero?

Simpler approach: If your platform has isinf() then add -DHAVE_ISINF
in src/Configure, fix up ap_snprintf.c, and the rest of us can relax.

(I never saw any isnan() breakage with APR, though perhaps there are
some ancient systems without it.)

(Tru64 broken, suspect at least two of AIX, Solaris, and OS/390 will
be broken as well)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/ap ap_snprintf.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> writes:

> At 8:32 AM -0400 5/10/01, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> >
> >We need to agree ASAP on how to solve this, or people will be wasting
> >their time as they play with 1.3 in prep for a release of 1.3.20.
> >
> >TestCompile sounds right but then I've never played with it :)
> >Anybody want to be a hero?
> >

> I'll take a crack...

Excellent!!!  If you can post a patch, I'll use it when I play on
Tru64, AIX, Solaris, and OS/390.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
At 8:32 AM -0400 5/10/01, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>We need to agree ASAP on how to solve this, or people will be wasting
>their time as they play with 1.3 in prep for a release of 1.3.20.
>
>TestCompile sounds right but then I've never played with it :)
>Anybody want to be a hero?

I'll take a crack...

          "Hell is hot; that's never been disputed by anybody."