Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rob Saunders <ro...@saunders.yourideal.co.uk> on 2004/03/02 11:46:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Handling files without extensions

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to used cleaned URLs, i.e. no filename
extensions.

My index[.html] file contains a <form action="do-something"> HTML entry
where "do-something" is a script containing HTML and Mason embedded perl.

My problem is that unless I add a ".html" extension, the file is not
processed by Mason and is represented as type text/plain - the apache
DefaultType, despite the DocumentRoot (and subdirectories) being handled
by Mason.

Is there a way in which I can get these files, without a filename
extension, to be "processed" appropriately?

Some files will be Mason (like those called from with a form action),
others will be images, etc... but I would ideally like to use cleaned
URLs. Do I need to use something like mime_magic, if so, how? Or, is
there something simpler that I can use?

TIA

Rob