Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Arun Shrimali <ar...@banas.guj.nic.in> on 2001/04/05 11:38:17 UTC

Server Name

Dear friends,

I want to change my server name from localhost to say,
www.arunhome, I had changed the same in conf file but it does not
became efective, and client does not able to contect server, can
any body help me how to change the host name.

regards

Arun
Arun Shrimali
Banas Dairy Palanpur
Ph: 91-2742-53881 to 53885, Ext: 222
Fax:91-2742-52723
email : arun@banas.guj.nic.in
        ashrimali@iname.com

Re: Server Name

Posted by Cynic <cy...@mail.cz>.
1) your question belongs to apache-server@yahoogroups.com,
new-httpd is for the developers of apache.

2) to answer your question: I assume you use windows. then you
need to add this hostname to your HOSTS file. if you're on NT,
it's in %windir%/system32/drivers/etc/, I don't know about w9x,
but look for HOSTS.SAM, copy it to HOSTS in the same dir, and
edit HOSTS.

At 11:38 5.4. 2001, Arun Shrimali wrote the following:
>Dear friends,
>
>I want to change my server name from localhost to say,
>www.arunhome, I had changed the same in conf file but it does not
>became efective, and client does not able to contect server, can
>any body help me how to change the host name.
>
>regards
>
>Arun
>Arun Shrimali
>Banas Dairy Palanpur
>Ph: 91-2742-53881 to 53885, Ext: 222
>Fax:91-2742-52723
>email : arun@banas.guj.nic.in
>        ashrimali@iname.com
------end of quote------

cynic@mail.cz
And the eyes of them both were opened and they saw that their files
were world readable and writable, so they chmoded 600 their files.
    - Book of Installation chapt 3 sec 7