Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr> on 2017/09/01 11:23:58 UTC

Re: Tracking Data Model changes

I'm in favor to tracking the different migration but at this time I
didn't see the advantage to use flyway or other instead of manage easily
by ofbiz throw groovy script.

I'm available to help for design or create a POC do realize it because
many time in the past (and currently ow) I want to refactoring some
code/db schema with data migration but we haven't clean process to do that.

Nicolas

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
That would be a much effective solution.

As far as https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/
Revisions+Requiring+Data+Migration+-+upgrade+ofbiz page is concerned I find
it quite absurd that we provide information based upon only revisions while
users deal with releases.

Though it would be better to link it to data migration page so that user
gets all information through a single path.

Thanks and Regards,

*Aditya Sharma* | Enterprise Software Engineer
HotWax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-sharma-78291810a/>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Aditya,